Freezer Strawberry Jam
Freezer jam is an uncooked jam that is stored in the freezer for up to 6 months. The advantage of this jam is in the bright colour and delicious smell of fresh fruit - as it is uncooked it retains maximum fresh fruit flavour. Store in freezable containers in small amounts.
- 750g Strawberries
- 1 kg Caster Sugar
- 125ml liquid Pectin
- Mash or sieve the strawberries and stir in the sugar.
- Leave for 20mins, stirring occasionally, then add the pectin and stir for 3 mins.
- Put into small containers, cover and seal. Leave for 5 hours at room temperature then put into the refrigerator until gel has formed. (This may take 24 - 48 hours.)
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Thaw for 1 hour at room temperature before serving. If not all used return to the fridge for up to a week.
It is better to place in small amounts in containers and freeze rather than storing a large amount which will not be used within a week.
This is a soft set jam, more like a conserve which is also delicious as a sauce with ice cream or fruit.