The British cherry season is so short but if you have access to lots of cherries try this wonderful jam. There is nothing better than a juicy British cherry!
- 2kg Black Cherries
- 8g Citric or Tartaric Acid
- 1.5 kg Sugar
- Remove the stones from the cherries and discard.
- Put the cherries in a pan and acid and simmer until very soft, stirring to prevent burning.
- Stir in the sugar over low heat until dissolved.
- Boil hard until setting point is reached.
- Pour into hot jars and cover.
The setting of this jam is not strong and perhaps more like the consistency of a conserve.