For a warming drink that some believe aids the digestion, ginger is hard to beat.
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 450g Sugar
- 470ml Water
- Ice, Sparkling Water to serve
- Place the ginger, water and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and simmer for 10 mins.
- Cool, then strain into a sterilised bottle. Cork and chill in the fridge
- To serve, fill a glass with some ice, pour on the cordial and finish with sparkling water
Can be stored in the fridge for about a week.