This is an excellent recipe which can be adapted depending on what fruit and drinks you have to hand! It can be used for children if made from fruit juice.
- 1 Dessert Pear, Peach, Apple
- 2 small Oranges or 3 Tangerines
- a few grapes
- 1 Lemon
- 1 small cucumber
- White Wine or Fruit Juice
- Prepare the fruit and cut into attractive small pieces or leave whole if small.
- Slice the cucumber finely.
- Put all into a bowl, add sugar to taste and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cover with inexpensive white wine or fruit juice.
- Leave for 6 hours in a cool place before serving. To serve ladle into wine glasses and top with soda if liked.
Keep the fruit submerged with a plate to prevent browning.
Alternative liquids that could be used are lemonade or cold, weak tea.