Sticky Toffee Pudding
The perfect pudding for colder days!
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 50g Margarine or Butter
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 225g SR Flour
- 250g Dates, stoned
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 300ml Boiling Water
- 110g Butter
- 225g brown Sugar
- 300ml Double cream or Whipping Cream
- Set the oven to 190°C/Gas /Fan 180°C.grease an ovenproof dish about 1.5 litres in volume
- Beat the margarine and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Beat in the egg then fold in the flour.
- Liquidise the dates, bicarbonate of soda and boiling water.
- Add to the creamed mixture.
- Pour into the ovenproof dish and bake until risen and springy, about 45 minutes.
- To make the sauce, boil the ingredients together and pour over the pudding.
For pure indulgence serve with whipped cream!