Roast Pineapple with Mango Yoghurt Sauce
Roasting the pineapple gives it a delicious flavour and texture. The sauce compliments the pineapple beautifully. Do give this recipe a try, it is so simple and flavoursome!
- 1 ripe Pineapple
- 3 tbsp light Muscovado Sugar
- 50g unsalted Butter
For the sauce
- 1 large ripe Mango
- 200g tub Greek Style Yoghurt
- 25g Caster Sugar
- 3 drops Vanilla Extract
- 4 small fresh Mint Sprigs
- Peel the pineapple and remove any eyes.
- Cut it into 4 wedges and then cut each wedge into slices.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer in a roasting tin, sprinkle with sugar, dot with butter then roast at Gas 6, 200C.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Peel the mango, remove the stone, cut into chunks and puree.
- Place in a bowl and whisk with yoghurt, sugar and extract.
- Spoon the sauce into a small bowl.
- To serve, arrange the pineapple on serving plates, place a sprig of mint in the centre and allow your guests to help themselves to the mango sauce.
Do use Vanilla extract and not essence. Although extract is more expensive the taste is far superior!
This recipe is from the Big Book of Best Kept Secrets of the WI by Simon & Schuster 2006.