Quick Raspberry Dessert
When raspberries are plentiful and in season here is a quick recipe to try that is so fruity and creamy.
- 400g Raspberries
- 50g Sugar
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot mixed to a cream with 3tbsp Water
- 1 Tub of Quark/ Greek yoghurt
- Place the berries in a pan with the water and sugar. Cover with a lid and simmer until the fruit disintegrate, about 5 -10 mins.
- Stir in the arrowroot mix to the fruit and simmer for 2 mins until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into 4 serving glasses and cool.
- When completely cold cover with quark.
- Arrowroot is best to use as it makes a colourless mixture, however if you do not have arrowroot you can use cornflour although this will be white.
- Other soft fruit can be used in place of raspberries, eg blackberries, blackcurrants etc.
- This recipe can also be made using frozen fruit, eg fruits of the forest or a 450g tin of fruit.