Patagonia Cream Tart
This dairy-heavy dessert was made by Welsh settlers in Argentina's Patagonia. It hails from the period after the River Camwy was dammed, which led to a dairy surplus. This is not one for anyone on a low cholesterol diet!
- 225g Flour
- 125g Butter
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 275mls Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Sugar with 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- A sprinkle of Nutmeg
- Rub the butter and flour together to a breadcrumb consistency then add the egg yolks.
- Rest the mixture in the fridge for at least an hour, then roll out to line a large pie dish.
- Beat the egg whites to the stiff peak stage then fold into the cream and sugar and vanilla essence
- Place in the pie dish and then sprinkle nutmeg on top and bake at 175C Gas 5 for 35-40 minutes.