A fruity tangy dessert perfect for using up spare citrus fruit in the fruit bowl. It is also a simple recipe; but take care making the hot caramel sauce.
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 150ml Water
- 120ml Orange juice
- 4 Clementines, peeled
- Place sugar and water in a small pan.
- Dissolve the sugar gently, stirring continuously.
- Bring to the boil without stirring until the mixture caramelises to a medium brown colour.
- Remove from the heat and gradually add the orange juice - take care as it tends to spit at this stage.
- Return to a gentle heat and allow the mixture to dissolve. Allow to cool.
- Place clementines in a serving dish and pour over the caramel sauce. Allow to marinate for 1-2 hours before serving.