White Bread Rolls
- 600g white strong bread flour
- 15g fresh yeast or 7g packet of instant easy blend yeast
- 360ml warm water (240ml cold and 120ml boiling water)
- 9g salt
- Sieve flour and salt, stir in the yeast and warm water and mix into a dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes until smooth and glossy.
- Cover the dough and leave for 40 minutes in a warm place to prove.
- Knockback and divide into 16 rolls mould into balls and place on a greased baking sheet. The mixture can also be shaped into sticks, twists, plaits etc.
- Prove for 10 minutes – meanwhile set oven Gas 7, 220°C.
- Bake the rolls for about 15 minutes. They are ready when they sound hollow underneath.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This mixture could be made into 2 loaves. Prove for 30 minutes before cooking for 25-30 minutes.
Alternatively, after first proving, the mixture could be divided into 2 large flatbreads and cook in a dry frying pan.