Marshmallows are easy to make and can make a lovely home made gift.
- 25g Gelatine
- 600ml Water
- 450g Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- small amount mixed Icing Sugar & Cornflour
- Soak the gelatine in half of the water.
- Dissolve the sugar in the rest of the water and boil with the cream of tartar until a spoonful forms a soft ball when dropped in water.
- Add the essence and salt to the gelatine and pour the boiling syrup on slowly.
- Whisk until thick and white.
- Pour into a greased tin and leave overnight.
- Cut into neat squares and roll in the mixed icing sugar and cornflour.
- Leave to dry then pack in a cardboard box the next day.