An easy and oh so delicious sweet treat from the bees.
Plus: If you prefer a round cake you can cook the honey cake in a 20cm round tin at gas 4 160C for about 40 mins.
- 200g SR Flour
- 2 Eggs, large
- 125g butter
- 150g Honey, clear
- 100g Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Water
- Optional – 1 tsp Mixed Spice or a few flaked almonds
- Set oven Gas 5 175C.
- Grease and line a tin 28cm x 18cm.
- Put the sugar, butter and honey in a large pan and melt together.
- Allow cooling.
- Beat in the eggs, water and flour (and spice if used).
- Mix well.
- Place in the cake tin and sprinkle with flaked almonds if used and bake for about 35 mins until firm.