This recipe uses a traditional creamed cake mixture to make small sponge cakes. A good recipe to make with children.
- Makes 12 Cupcakes or 24 fairy cakes
- 100g Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 100g self-raising Flour
- Buttercream tinted green for grass
- Small Candy chocolate eggs
- Set oven Gas Mark 5 180C, and place 12 paper cup cases in the bun tray.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light. Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Fold in the flour.
- Spoon into the paper cases.
- Bake for 15 - 20 mins.
- Allow cooling.
- When completely cool the cakes may be decorated with buttercream, tinted green and easter decorations.
Tip: Buttercream can be made from 50g softened butter, beaten with 100g sieved icing sugar. The icing can then be tinted with a few drops of green colouring to get the desired grass colour - try using stiff buttercream and a garlic press to make grass stalks. The cakes can be flavoured with 25g cocoa or chocolate chips or dried fruit may be added. Any leftover cakes can be stored in an airtight container for another day. These cakes should keep for about a week.