Date and Walnut Scones
Plus: These scones are great with a fruity spread.
- 250g Self - Raising Flour
- 50g Wholemeal Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 40g Margarine, Polyunsaturated or Butter
- 50g Dates, chopped
- 50g Walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg and a little Milk
- Mix flours and salt.
- Rub in margarine.
- Add dates and walnuts.
- Add egg and milk to make a soft dough (or milk, or water only).
- Roll out to about ½" thickness handling lightly.
- Cut into rounds.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a hot oven, 220°C, Gas 7-8 for 10-15 minutes.
This recipe was kindly provided by Shropshire Federation of WIs.