This dessert uses a chocolate torte recipe. It is easy to make, gives a great result and tastes gorgeous!
- 75g Butter
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 225g Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 50g Plain Flour
- 150ml Double Cream
- 100g Dessert Chocolate, eg Belgium broken into pieces
- Set oven 180C Gas Mark 5. Line the base of a 120cm circular tin with a circle of greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and sugar and remove from the heat.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Stir in the flour.
- Pour into the lined tin.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins then allow to become completely cold on a wire rack.
- To make the ganache heat the cream and then add the chocolate pieces. Remove from the heat and stir well.
- Pour over the cake and allow to cool.
This recipe can also be prepared and cooked in the microwave as follows
- Melt the fat in a heatproof bowl for about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat hard with a spoon.
- Pour into a microwave container and heat for a further 3 -4 mins depending on the power in your microwave.
Like any foods containing fat and sugar, a chocolate torte can be a part of a healthy balanced diet, when eaten occasionally.