Blackforest Cup Cakes
Preparation: 20 minutes (cakes previously made)
- 12 Rich Chocolate Cupcakes
- 75g Black Cherry Jam
- 200ml Double Cream
- 3−4 tbsp Icing Sugar, sieved
- 100g Flaked Almonds, toasted
- 12 whole fresh Cherries
- To the previously made cupcakes and using a small serrated knife, cut a cone shape from the top of each cupcake.
- Put a little cherry jam into the hole in each cake and replace the cones.
- Whisk the cream with an electric hand whisk until soft peaks form.
- Stir through the icing sugar to taste.
- Reserve about 4 tablespoons of cream.
- Using a small palette knife, spread the remaining cream over the tops of the cupcakes until covered.
- Scatter with the flaked almonds, ensuring an even covering.
- Put a small dollop of the reserved cream on top of each cupcake and top each with a fresh cherry.
- Chill in the fridge until required.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If fresh cherries are out of season, then use frozen stoned cherries. Simply defrost, then pat dry on kitchen towel before using to decorate the cakes.
For adults, why not add a splash of cassis to the whipped cream?
This recipe is from Celebration cupcakes by Kim Morphew published by Simon & Schuster in 2011 ISBN 978-0-85720-233-8 priced £9.99
For the complete list of WI books please send a SAE to WIE 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY