Baked Cheesecake with Mixed Berries
This cheesecake is based on the traditional English baked cheesecake with a colourful juicy topping of mixed berries. A mixture of fresh berries is best but a good alternative is one variety such as strawberries or raspberries.
- 80-100g Digestive Biscuits, crushed
- 100g Butter, unsalted
- 300g Curd Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Lemon, juice and grated zest
- 2 heaped tbsp Icing Sugar, sieved
- 350g Mixed Red Berries
- Grease a 27cm flan ring and a baking sheet or springform cake tin.
- Melt the butter and mix in the biscuit crumbs.
- Press into the base of the prepared ring/tin.
- Place the curd cheese in a mixing bowl and break it down before adding the egg, lemon and sugar.
- Beat well until evenly blended and turn onto the crumb base.
- Bake 180C Gas 4 for 20 mins.
- Cool then refrigerate, preferably overnight.
- Plate up and arrange the mixed berries on the top.
- Serve with a red fruit coulis if desired
A fruit topping is nicest but an alternative could be a mix of sour cream and whipped double cream, sprinkled with toasted flaked almonds.
70g of raisins could also be added to this alternative before being baked.