Resolution Shortlist 2021/22
At the NFWI Resolution Shortlist Selection meeting on 5th October 2021 member and federation delegates shortlisted five resolutions which will now be taken forward for further debate and voting by members.
The shortlisted resolutions are:
- Fit for Purpose – Fit for Girls
- Appropriate Sentencing of Non-Violent Women Offenders
- Equality in Law for the Menopause
- Women and Girls with ASD and ADHD Under-Identified, Under-Diagnosed and Under-Supported
- Tackling Digital Exclusion
Every member now has the opportunity to cast their individual selection on the resolution they support the most. WIs are encouraged to hold meetings to provide members with the opportunity to discuss and learn more about each resolution. However, if this is not possible members can research the issues themselves and make their selection.
The selection slip can be found in the November/December issue of WI Life. To request a copy of the selection slip, please contact the NFWI on email@example.com
The deadline for members’ selections to reach their federations is 14 February 2022.
If you have any questions about returning your selection slip, please speak to your WI committee or your federation.
In addition to completing the selection slip in WI Life and posting it to your federation, WI’s can:
- allow members to submit their selections directly to the WI secretary via email or telephone;
- conduct an anonymous poll at a virtual WI meeting; or
- collect selections using electronic tools, such as via email or using a survey tool like SurveyMonkey.
A number of resources are available for each shortlisted resolution from the NFWI to support members in casting their selections:
- Resolutions-process-timetable-2021-22.pdf (473.1 KB)
- Resolutions-Process-FAQ-2021-22.docx (59.5 KB)
- Shortlist-discussion-guide-2021-22.pdf (281.3 KB)
Fit for Purpose – Fit for Girls
- Fit-for-purpose-fit-for-girls-Briefing.pdf (621.0 KB)
- Fit-for-purpose-fit-for-girls-Quiz.pdf (281.8 KB)
- Fit-for-purpose-fit-for-girls.pptx (1001.7 KB)
Appropriate Sentencing of Non-Violent Women Offenders
- Appropriate-Sentencing-of-Non-Violent-Woman-Offenders-Briefing.pdf (479.7 KB)
- Appropriate-Sentencing-of-Non-Violent-Woman-Offenders-Quiz.pdf (134.0 KB)
- Appropriate-Sentencing-of-Non-Violent-Woman-Offenders-PowerPoint.pptx (981.6 KB)
Equality in Law for the Menopause
- Equality-in-Law-for-the-Menopause-Briefing.pdf (535.9 KB)
- Equality-in-Law-for-the-Menopause-Quiz.pdf (139.6 KB)
- Equality-in-Law-for-the-Menopause.pptx (1.0 MB)
Women and Girls with ASD and ADHD Under-Identified, Under-Diagnosed and Under-Supported
- Women-and-Girls-with-ASD-and-ADHD-Briefing.pdf (614.3 KB)
- Women-and-Girls-with-ASD-and-ADHD-Quiz.pdf (160.2 KB)
- Women-and-Girls-with-ASD-and-ADHD-Presentation.pptx (1.1 MB)