Annual Meeting resolution – make your voice count
Over 100,000 members have taken part in the 2018 selection process, the highest turnout ever. Thank you to all members who have taken part. One resolution has now been selected to go forward to the final vote at the Annual Meeting in Cardiff on 6th June.
The resolution is:
Mental health matters
Mental health matters as much as physical health. The NFWI urges all WI members to recognise the importance of parity between mental health and physical health, and take action to make it as acceptable to talk about mental health issues as much as physical health issues, and to lobby government for better support for mental illness.
Next steps - voting
- WIs should now consider how they wish their delegate to vote at the Annual Meeting in Cardiff on 6th June.
- All WIs get one vote for the resolution – for or against.
- WIs may choose to give their delegate discretion to decide how to vote after hearing the speakers’ presentations for and against the resolution and the debate at the Annual Meeting. Please ensure your WI makes it clear to your delegate whether you are granting her discretion.
- WIs and federations are also encouraged to hold discussion events in to allow members to consider how they wish their delegate to vote.
On this page you can find a selection of resources to help you learn more about the resolution.
- Detailed briefing notes about the resolution.
- A PowerPoint presentation on the topic.
- A quiz to test your knowledge.
- A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document about the resolutions process.
- A discussion guide with ideas about how to discuss the resolution in your WI.
- Video - This film from charity Mind features young people talking about their experiences with mental illness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y97VF5UJcc
If you have any questions about instructing your delegate please contact your federation.
If you have any questions about the Annual Meeting resolution or the resolutions process, please contact the NFWI public affairs department
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department