Show the Love 2018
This February hundreds of WIs took part in the Climate Coalition's Show the Love campaign, to see a selection of images and more about the NFWI's climate change campaign, please click here.
The NFWI is a founding member of The Climate Coalition (TCC), the UK’s largest group of people dedicated to action on climate change and limiting its impact on the people, places and life we love at home in the UK and around the world, including the world’s poorest countries. Together with Stop Climate Chaos in both Wales and Scotland we are over 15 million people from all parts of the UK.
Show the Love revolves around community based climate change action around Valentine's Day. To start a conversation about climate change members made and shared green hearts with their local MP, held green heart themed meetings and joined forces with other community groups to organise public events.
Below are all the resources from 2018 Show the Love.
Download the community pack to find out three ways you can get involved:
- Notice the changes around you - keep an eye out for early signs of spring in your neighbourhood, fill out our activity sheet and upload your data here.
- Make a green heart and wear it with pride. Share your heart with the hashtag #showthelove
- Bring people together by holding a green heart themed meeting
You can show the love even further by making the seeded green heart and attaching it to the postcard in your February WI Life. Leave the heart somewhere in your community, such as your local bus stop or cafe for someone to find or send directly to your MP.
New craft and baking guides are also available to download:
- Rag rug heart guide - wear proudly on your jacket, shopping bag or give as a gift!
- Seeded paper heart - create this handmade paper heart and attach it to the postcard in your February WI Life to leave in a special place for someone to find
- Naan bread heart pizza - quick and easy to make with children
- Green heart macarons - make these beautiful macarons to share at your WI meeting
The resources from 2017 are still relevant and available to download:
NFWI news & events
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department