Get Involved with Show the Love 2018!
This February the NFWI will be taking part in Show the Love again, hundreds of members and WIs took part in 2017, we want to make 2018 even bigger!
Show the Love revolves around community based climate change action around Valentine's Day. To start a conversation about climate change you could make and share a green heart with your local MP or neighbour, hold a green heart themed meeting with a speaker to talk on the issue or join forces with other community groups and organise a public event in your local area.
Download the community pack to find out three ways you can get involved:
- Notice the changes around you - keep an eye out for early signs of spring in your neighbourhood and fill out our activity sheet
- Make a green heart and wear it with pride. Share your heart with the hashtag #showthelove
- Bring people together by holding a green heart themed meeting
You can show the love even further by making the seeded green heart and attaching it to the postcard in your February WI Life. Leave the heart somewhere in your community, such as your local bus stop or cafe for someone to find or send directly to your MP.
New craft and baking guides are also available to download:
- Rag rug heart guide - wear proudly on your jacket, shopping bag or give as a gift!
- Seeded paper heart - create this handmade paper heart and attach it to the postcard in your February WI Life to leave in a special place for someone to find
- Naan bread heart pizza - quick and easy to make with children
- Green heart macarons - make these beautiful macarons to share at your WI meeting
The resources from 2017 are still relevant and available to download:
- Top tips for meeting your MP
- How to gain media coverage
- Tips for linking up with others in your area
- Craft project
- Knitting project
- Baking project
If you would like hard copies of any of these resources please get in touch by contacting Sophie at email@example.com or 020 7371 9300 ext. 212. I am on hand to help members, WIs and federations with events so please get in touch to let me know what you have planned and remember to take lots of pictures of your activities!
The NFWI is a founding member of The Climate Coalition (TCC), the UK’s largest group of people dedicated to action on climate change and limiting its impact on the people, places and life we love at home in the UK and around the world, including the world’s poorest countries. Together with Stop Climate Chaos in both Wales and Scotland we are over 15 million people from all parts of the UK.
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department