Bishops Cleeve Welcome
Bishops Cleeve Women’s Institute
The village of Bishops Cleeve is situated 3 miles north of Cheltenham in Gloucestershire. Its size has expanded considerably over the last 30 years. At the census of 2011 the population was over 10,000.
Our institute was formed in the 1920s and at present there is membership of nearly 60 covering a wide age range. The meetings are held at the Tithe Barn on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:15pm.
At the monthly meetings throughout the year we have regular speakers and there is the opportunity to socialise over a cup of tea. Quite a few outings are organized throughout the year. We take part in the annual Skittles and Quiz Competitions. We have also entered the Bowls Competition against Avon on a couple of occasions.
Activities outside the meetings
- Monthly Walks take place on the first Tuesday of the month. These are generally around 5 miles and we normally take a snack. Sometimes the walk is rounded off by a pleasant pub lunch.
- Book Club Those members interested in literature meet approximately every 6 weeks and take it in turns to choose a book which is discussed at the next meeting. The meetings are held at the house of a member and usually lasts about 1.5 hours but may be longer if they get nattering about other things!
- Knit & Natter craft Ladies meet at the Parish building for a Knit and Natter. A very informal meeting where members can pursue their knitting or craft projects whilst having a social time with friends. In the past they have produced 54 hats and mittens for “Operation Christmas Child” part of the Samaritan’s Purse Shoebox Appeal.
Link WI We are linked with Bishopswood WI, Herefordshire and we visit each other’s WI each year.
Cleeve Hill Group of WIs Members from our institute meet with other members of the Cleeve Hill Group of WIs several times a year enjoying social meetings and lunches.
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department