Welcome to the Bedfordshire County Federation
Bedfordshire County Federation currently has 80 WIs located in both urban and rural areas. The individual WIs differ in character and activities because they all seek to cater for the particular interests of their own members. As well as the monthly meetings many have other regular activities e.g. book groups, craft groups, walking groups and lunch groups to provide active thriving WIs. The one thing they all have in common is that you will receive a warm welcome.
The County organises a wide range of events. These include theatre and concert visits, visits to places of interest, lunches with celebrity speakers, social events, quizzes, craft workshops, sporting events and much much more. We are always looking for new ideas for events which will interest and stimulate our members.
Members also make use of the WIs own College, Denman in Oxfordshire. The county offers a number of Denman bursaries for members to attend courses as do a number of WIs. In addition the county organises a Denman break for a few days with a broad range of courses on offer – the next of these is in September 2016.
Bedfordshire is an area with significant new development and we are very keen to form new WIs in the new townships which are being created. If you cannot find an existing WI near you why not propose a new one. Our WI Advisers are only too anxious to assist in forming new WIs.
If you live in Bedfordshire we would be very pleased to hear from you.
NFWI news & events
- 2016 subscription rates announced
- 2016 NFWI Annual Meeting
- The WI at 100 report unveils members’ views on Britain’s biggest issues
- Bleadon Belles crowned winner of Singing for Joy
- 74% of women believe that tackling climate change cannot be left to future generations
- WI welcomes scrutiny on National Pollinator Strategy but Government must still do more to protect pollinators
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department