Food and Cooking
The WI is synonymous with good food and its preparation and these traditions of healthy well made food and preserves continue in a wide range of activities.
WI members are committed to improving the nation's diet and health particularly regarding food and sustainability. The emergence of childhood obesity and the cumulative effect of advertising unhealthy food and soft drinks reinforce bad dietary habits and undermines parents and health professionals in encouraging healthier eating.
What we do
- The NFWI trained cookery and preserves judges follow the WI publication On with the Show, an indispensable guide for exhibitors, judges and show committees.
- A range of tempting recipes and for inspiring cookery courses visit our WI Cookery School at Denman College, Marcham, Oxfordshire.
- Campaigning on food issues that matter to members.
- Up to date information for members including food hygiene and nutrition.
The Let's Cook Local project provides WI members with the opportunity to run basic cookery courses using local food and avoiding waste for young parents so that families have the knowledge and skills to eat healthily on a budget. Let's Cook Local has been sponsored by the Big Lottery, Local Food from May 2011 – August 2013.
For more details please contact Diane Sanderson Home Economics Adviser at email email@example.com
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department